thoughtWARE

You are invited to read excerpts from the upcoming book, thoughtWARE by Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht, Program Designer for Sarasota Medical & Sports Hypnosis & Joseph Bohorquez, M.D. The book is a composite of powerful Interactive Self-Hypnosis Imagery & Imaginology designed for Optimum Health & Performance

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Planting on the Goal-den Path

Life is often overwhelming, especially for those who live a disorderly life. The reason for this is not life events, but the way we react to them. It is within everyone's grasp to learn healthy ways to respond, instead of reacting on auto-pilot. The life experiences that follow can & will be very different indeed... Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht

I'm happy to share some complimentary mp3 downloads with you. Each is a full interactive self-hypnosis session. Current ones include...
Serious Goal Building &
Inner Organization
Goal Achieving with Affirmations


Every day I meet individuals who want to achieve something special. They usually arrive in my office or mail box with a load of clutter & disorganization. Most of them don't even know what they're carrying, much less how to choose what to dispose of or what needs changing. All they know is how they feel..... worthless, depressed & despondent. These are the "window-shoppers" of life. They long for what they don't have, but for some reason they don't go into the store to find out the price. Why is this?

Follow along as I help some of my favorite people. You might wonder why they are favorite. It's quite simple. They have stepped forward. They are willing to look & change.

LIFE CONTAINMENT

We talked about containments earlier on. Now we need an over-arching umbrella image that will encompass all areas of your life. This is called a major containment. Images help us to focus, giving the subconscious mind a place to put things that we deliver, as well as those things that are located by the inner mind that are deemed appropriate for this particular image or inner suggestion.

I like to utilize an image of a goal-den path, with separate gardens for each major life area. I’ve presented an image below that represents my inner over-arching image. I teach this image to my patients & students. You will also find it on the mp3 provided for this work, as well as on other programs. The more it is etched, the more valuable it becomes & it works very well indeed.

Once this major containment is in place, the next step is to fill in the details “as if” you already had all of these present in your life. This is called future-pacing and is a major subconscious mind program. The more specific you can be, the better your outcomes will be for the mind will have more to work with. Remember, this is a work in progress. You will continually be adding to it.


Here is a drawing of my goal-den path. You can see the positioning of the separate goal gardens. Notice how the major garden sits on it’s own. This is not just important when managing addictions. It is crucial for high level health and optimum performance in any area of life.

The bricks are twenty-four carat gold, sparkling their value. Beautiful gardens emerge on each side of the path, each having a signpost. The gardens extend back to the horizon, filled with flowers of every conceivable variety and color. The plants are healthy, the colors vibrant. These plants represent my achievements, my resilience, as well as my new desired goals.

I image my feet standing on the path, sensing them tingle from the sparkling gold. I look up at the sky, noticing a few clouds moving slowly, feeling the heat of the sun touching my face gently, coupled with the coolness of a slight breeze. I enjoy allowing my body to fill with feelings of happiness, expectation of good things to come, including the total management of any specific addictions or disorderly behaviors I may have in my life.

I then sit quietly, allowing all of this to settle inside of me. Each time I repeat this in the theater of my mind, my subconscious mind programs the changes. It doesn’t matter what my current reality is. The mind will prefer the newly designed images and will work to bring those into my life. That’s why positive details are so very important, even if they sound ridiculous.

Remember, mind imagery or sensing is different from actual experiences, but your subconscious mind will follow what you present “as being true.” Be as detailed as you can, knowing that each time you do, these very programs will be etched further into your subconscious mind. Do not worry if you feel awkward or feel like nothing is happening. Be patient with the process and you will receive the benefits.

I like to use my journal for this purpose. Writing the details down, further etch them into the subconscious mind.

MIND CONTAINMENTS

It’s time to design the separate gardens. Place an image at the top of your journal page & follow with your detailed explanation. No need to be an artist. When I began inner organizing my life in this way I simply drew an empty rectangle to cue in my subconscious mind. If you like to think in action video, design a movie.

The master garden is called the Mind & Body Health Garden. This garden houses all of the body part “plants”. Without good care in this garden, the other life-area gardens will have difficulty flourishing.

You can read the names of the plants on the little signs. To the side of the garden is a table with a big watering can. This holds your "solution." The ingredients are listed on a piece of paper next to the watering can. Read them. They include high level nutrition, self-disciplined eating, body communication, emotional management & goal setting. Go ahead and water some of your plants.

Now turn and look at the gardens to your left. Each time you care for your Master Garden, the plants and flowers in all other gardens flourish as well, and so whenever you come to the goal-den path you will always stop by and water your Master Garden.

You have just completed a subconscious mind program for caring for your body at high levels & managing disorderly eating. The subconscious mind is very effective & efficient, developing goal action plans from simple active imagery. At any time during the day, deepen slightly with your dial, tilt your eyes up, sensing yourself applying solution to the Master Garden. The more you etch, the deeper the program, the higher your rate of success.

The gardens on the opposite side of the path represent other areas of your life. One of the most important areas is that of your relationship with yourself. We'll meet up in that garden a bit later in this workshop/blog.