thoughtWARE

You are invited to read excerpts from the upcoming book, thoughtWARE by Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht, Program Designer for Sarasota Medical & Sports Hypnosis & Joseph Bohorquez, M.D. The book is a composite of powerful Interactive Self-Hypnosis Imagery & Imaginology designed for Optimum Health & Performance

Sunday, October 15, 2006

School Lessons

ACTIVE AFFIRMATION CLUSTER

I've come to understand that life on earth is a school, in which I am a student. I am evaluated, not by what I know, but by what I do not know. My false self-image & arrogance fall away....Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht

We all know that how we choose to see things will change our outcomes & while that is so, it is more often said than done. Why is this? As I explore this within my own life, it's clear to me that I get so caught up in my automatic-pilot thinking and patterns, that I can simply forget to do it. And so, part of my own self-discipline is to trigger this new thought behavior in my daily life. I use a very simple non-scientific method consisting of a sticky note on my desk and one in my car. The car happens to be an excellent place for changing mind-sets and since driving is a hypnotic activity, the new programs slip easily into my subconscious mind.

The above affirmational cluster is a favorite of mine. The idea that life is a school is so simple, yet profound. I've enjoyed developing this metaphor for years and have planted in many of my CD & mp3 programs because it works so well. I've come to understand and life as proved this out, that we are born with two books. One is what we've come to learn, the other what we've come to teach. We are teachers and students at the same time. I've found this to be so in every individual I've met during my life travels, no matter who they are or where they've been. Keeping this in mind has helped to keep me balanced in some very difficult situations, and so I thank this metaphor for that. How often I've had to drop my own mask, and yield to the image.

As I design and record my CD's, mp3's and books, I like to plant active affirmations such as these. Readers and listeners are often surprised as to how easy it is to change their mind programs. Interactive self-hypnosis is much more like play than work.

If you haven't experienced this before, here are few complimentary mp3 downloads. Each is a full interactive self-hypnosis session & part of a complete 2-3 track series. Each are filled with active imagery & affirmations.
Self-Image Affirmations
Making Changes - Affirmations & Imagery
Blending Work & Personal Goals


PLANTING AN ACTIVE AFFIRMATION

We always begin by reading the affirmational cluster out loud or slowly to ourselves. Prepare to spend some "real time" with yourself. Planting on the fly is not the way to go.

I've come to understand that life on earth is a school, in which I am a student. I am evaluated, not by what I know, but by what I do not know. My false self-image & arrogance fall away...

Relax deeply into the moment. Utilize some deepening images that we've reviewed earlier on. If you are new to this workshop/blog, review some of the earlier archives or send me an email if you need assistance. Everyone can learn to relax deeply into the moment. This is key for high level health and performance, so do practice this whenever you can. You won't be disappointed!

Go to the first image of the affirmation cluster. I've come to understand that life on earth is a school, in which I am a student. Locate your mind-screen and as you repeat the affirmation, look to the image that appears for you. If nothing appears, just wait a moment. Relax.... repeat the affirmation slowly. Intend or expect the image to appear, either on the screen or in a passing thought. It will come. Notice what this means to you. See/sense yourself there. How do you look? What are you wearing? Are you alone or with others? What are you doing? These self-questions will help to etch the image details, making it more effective.

Ready now...I am evaluated, not by what I know, but by what I do not know. My false self-image & arrogance fall away...

Find the steps and enter the mind-screen school image. Locate the student-you. Listen as this part of you repeats the second and third part of the cluster. Perhaps you are being shown the book about what you've come to learn. Notice that it is a positive book..... an exciting book. Look through it, sensing excitement about what will be coming to you.

Let me give you an active image here. Notice that black drops are falling off the ends of your finger-tips. This is your FALSE self-image or EGO & connected arrogance. You are cleaning and clearing these negative, blocking states. As the black drops exit and fall to the path, they change or transmute into golden dust that melds with the path. This is a release image that allows you to take off your mask and to be authentic.

How wonderful it is not to need to know everything, nor to pretend. You can be you. Pay attention to your body sensations as you work within this active image. Once you contact those images, enhance them. Make them bigger.........just as if you had an imaginary dial. Turn it to the right and sense the physical sensations. This is a powerful planting.

If you enjoy working in this particular area, you might like to order any of the affirmation or hypnosis workshop CD's or mp3's. I'd suggest The Mountain or Making Miracles.

If you are interested in reading the archives from this blog, you can find them at the following link...

http://thoughtwareprograms.blogspot.com/