thoughtWARE

You are invited to read excerpts from the upcoming book, thoughtWARE by Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht, Program Designer for Sarasota Medical & Sports Hypnosis & Joseph Bohorquez, M.D. The book is a composite of powerful Interactive Self-Hypnosis Imagery & Imaginology designed for Optimum Health & Performance

Monday, October 09, 2006

Life Circumstances

ACTIVE AFFIRMATION

I look for the circumstances I want. I ask my subconscious mind to light these up on my mind screen...Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht

It's interesting to look at life circumstances through different lenses. In other words, paying attention to what's going on in your life, and while we can certainly make "more circumstances", often as not, we already have an abundance. The above affirmation helps us to wake up to these through the direct suggestion to the subconscious mind.

Affirmations play an important part in my audio/CD design. All programs have active affirmations that are linked to specific imagery that the listener actually self-designs. Affirmations can be direct or implied. Both work well in directing the subconscious mind towards specific goal-orientated action.

To help you along, here are few complimentary mp3 downloads. Each is a full interactive self-hypnosis session & part of a complete 2-3 track series. Each are filled with active imagery & affirmations.
Self-Image Affirmations
Making Changes - Affirmations & Imagery
Blending Work & Personal Goals


PLANTING THE AFFIRMATION

I look for the circumstances I want. I ask my subconscious mind to light these up on my mind screen...

If you've been working with my programs or actively reading this workshop/blog, you already know how to prepare your mind-set for planting new affirmations. Remember, once they are planted, you can further etch them in any moment you choose. The more etching, the deeper the affirmation program, thereby determining the level and speed of change.

Let's plant this one together. The first thing we want to do is to develop a "planting mind-set." Some of the things I may tell you seem very obvious, but don't turn your back on these. One of the reasons people tend to fail is because they either skip the simple instructions or choose to hurry. Here we want to practice something called "intention." In other words, you are going to "fully intend" or want to or have hot desire to plant this particular affirmation. Sit quietly for a few moments and bring forth an inner feeling of truly wanting to do this seemingly simple thing. By the way, practicing intention is a very important exercise and doing so can change your life in big ways.

When you are ready, go ahead and deepen your relaxation. You are going to enhance your focus by releasing stressors or interrupters including random thoughts, emotions or body sensations. You can utilize your body scanning skills, or simply count backwards from five to one. I also like to incorporate the image of magnets pulling me down gently into the area where I'm resting.

Let's go ahead and dissect the affirmation. The subconscious mind is now ready, not only to accept it, but to work within it, following your directional cues. I'd like to achieve this by appearing in the mind-screen and observing myself there. This is called disassociation. It reminds me of being the writer, director, producer of a play. Right now I'm sitting in the back row of the theater and observing myself on the stage or mind-screen. Now I need some images for circumstances. My mind is suggesting that these will be represented by different players who have dark shirts and light shirts. The dark shirted players are circumstances with negative tones and the light-shirted players are happier and more positive. Some of the shirts have words written on them and others host images. Some are clear and some aren't. However, it's obvious from observing the stage/mind-screen, that all are welcome.

I notice the subconscious mind librarian has a light that she is shining on different circumstances, one by one. There is no hurrying, but there is action. The individual playing me is sitting there, paying close attention. As the light hits the circumstance, that particular individual opens a door on the stage, inviting my actor-self to enter and explore all the possibilities offered by this particular circumstance. I'm happy to notice that my actor-self seems comfortable in doing so. It's clear that no negative emotions are around blocking this activity and this is certainly a change. Besides noticing what's present, I notice what's not present, especially the negatives. So here we have an additional opportunity to plant additional suggestions.

In closing, I've come to understand through this affirmational visit, that I have many more resources than I ever imagined. This understanding helps to break my hopeless-helpless cycle, especially on those days when I feel locked or depressed about what life has delivered.

If you are interested in reading the archives from this blog, you can find them at the following link...

http://thoughtwareprograms.blogspot.com/